Frequently Asked Questions about Promophone
– What is Promophone?
Promophone is the application for making phone calls. Сalls are free of charge, and costs are covered by the advertisement you watch, while using the app.
– What are the differences between Promophone and Skype, Viber, WhatsApp?
These apps allow free calls only between app users, both connected to the Internet and logged in during the call. Promophone allows free calls to phone number.
– Do I need Internet to use Promophone?
Yes, you have to be connected to the Internet to make a call.
– Which operational systems are supported?
Android and IOS (Iphone)
– Is call duration limited?
Yes, it is. When you dial a certain number, you see maximum call duration for this call.
– Is there any limit for a number of calls per user?
No, call number is unlimited.
– Can I make international calls?
Yes, indeed! International calls to certain directions have a longer maximum duration then domestic calls.
– How maximum call duration is defined?
It depends on call termination costs for the specific network you are calling to. The lower is the minute cost, the longer is the call. Some countries have high termination rates, like Cuba, Belarus, Azerbaijan and some African states. Calls to these countries are short or unavailable.
– Are there any numbers which cannot be called?
Yes, destinations with exceptionally high price, like Inmarsat, Cuba, Sierra Leone are unavailable. Special service numbers and local short numbers are not available either.
– Do I have to dial country code?
Yes, you have to dial + (plus sign) or 00, country code and telephone number. Same dialing procedure is applied for local and domestic calls. For example, Russian mobile number should be dialed as +79ххххxхххх.
– How do I register to Promophone?
Registration is not required. Use your Facebook or VKontakte login for authorization.
– Can I use Promophone if I don’t have a social network account?
While connection costs are covered by the advertisement, the social network account is needed to provide relevant advertisement, which allows you to make free calls. Without Facebook or VKontakte we show you untargeted add, which is more likely to be useless and provides less free minutes. Iphone users may skip login, but call duration limits are much less for anonymous users.
– Does Promophone hand over my personal data to advertisers?
No, your data is used only by automated banner aggregation system when it chooses an add to show you.
– Is there a contact book in Promophone?
Promophone uses contact book from the device.
– Can I change the contact book entry in Promophone?
In order to change an entry, follow three easy steps. 1. Go to your phone’s contact list. 2. Make changes and save them. 3. Get back to Promophone.
Some devices might require restart for changes to take effect.
– What is the Promophone’s coverage?
Currently Promophone is available in Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
– Is my number displayed when I call someone?
Yes, if you have registered your number with the application. If you haven’t, Promophone’s number will be displayed.
– Can I use Promophone abroad?
Promophone will work in uncovered country for several days, if the first sign in was made in a country covered by Promophone.
– Is there paid version of Promophone without advertisement?
No. No payments.
– How to place an advertisement in Promophone?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
– I am in covered country, but I keep getting message that Promophone is not available in my region.
Please check your phone settings and make sure that GPS module is on and apps are allowed to use GPS coordinates. Locate yourself in any app like Google Maps. Start Promophone.